Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What's next?

So, I decided to take a break from my much needed image makeover project and focus on new ideas for my business. I decided that my company Pink Diamond PR & Image Consulting is not going to be the traditional, corporate PR company. I want my company's focus to be on branding & image. I like the press work - the marketing, promotions and media aspect of PR - but I want my business to be focused on branding. In order for me to do that, I have to find a way to make my business different than the others. I was looking around on the Internet, just to see what types of businesses are out there - just to get a taste of what potential clients I would like my company to represent. Then I ran into this website - this is the funniest thing ever - Tuna Safe Thongs. What? Yes - that's exactly what I thought. I proceeded to read about the "Tuna Safe thongs" to see what the product was about. Here is the story: A guy by the name of Cristian was up one morning fixing a glass of water when he smelled a funky aroma - it was the garbage. He laughed in reminisce of his prom date - whom apparently smelled like the garbage. Not just garbage - fish. The smell was from a can of Star-kist tuna that was in the garbage. That's when the light bulb went off - He decided to make a thong with a tuna safe/fresh seal mood indicator - so that the persons mate would know that their "stuff" is fresh. He packaged it in a tin can that resembles Star-Kist tuna and labeled it Tuna Safe (hint: fishy smell safe). This was my laugh of the day. Not only is it creative, the packaging was a great branding idea. After finding this website - I decided that my company would be the company to help promote and brand unique businesses such as Tuna Safe. I want Pink Diamond PR & Image Consulting to be a fun & flirty type business. One that would market and brand unique, creative & fun ideas.

No comments: