Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Women I Love




So I have been thinking about completely revamping my image this year. As I started the IR (image revamp) process, I realized that I need an inspiration to begin the process. I started to think about some of the celebrity women who have the most impact on me as far as style, personality, and image. After writing a long list of people that included Beyonce, Christina Millian, Eva Longoria, Nia Long, Nicole (from the pussycat dolls) and many more. I finally narrowed it down.

Why I love them?

Queen Latifah - Okay, so I don't know anything about the so called Lesbian rumors. She might be, she might not be. Honestly, I do not care. I love Queen Latifah. Since I was a young girl growing up, I always admired her for her hard-core personality - ("Who you callin a Bitch?"), her attitude, her style and staying true to her image. I loved all her albums - including the Dana Owens album. I love all her movies (including the corny ones) and I still watch Living Single reruns like I have never seen them before. Her style is sophisticated and classy. I never see her as being one of the trendy types, but she dresses her size and she empowers women who are not a size 0. Every time I see a Cover Girl commercial or an ad with her on it, I can't do anything but smile. I AM PROUD OF YOU QUEEN!! KEEP IT UP!!



Mary J. Blige - Mary, that's my home girl. She came out during my era (the 90's). I absolutely love her music and I have always loved her style. She has a funky, fresh style and she has that NY chick attitude that I love. I still own every single Mary J Album that has ever come out. Of course my favorites are What’s the 411, My Life & Share my World. I could listen to these all day every day. The thing that I love most about her is that she is not afraid to be vulnerable and admit that she has problems in her life just like all of us do. When she came out with "No More Drama" I loved it. You have to love Mary for being the Queen of R&B. A title she rightfully deserves.

Gabrielle Union - She is absolutely beautiful. I love her spunk, her charisma, her attitude and her style. She always has that good girl charm, with a bad girl grin. I love her movies. She is a great actress and I absolutely adore her.

Sanaa Lathan - She might just be my favorite actress. She is soft, cool and classy. All the guys that I know really like her - not just because of her beauty, but because of her personality. She is funny, really sweet and very talented. She always looks so elegant and sophisticated. I really admire her.

No comments: