Your Ad Here

Friday, September 12, 2008

Top 5 items you should have this fall.

Hey everyone! I apologize for my lack of posts lately. I've been super busy with work as usual - planning events, planning my class reunion, managing my professional quest for greatness(lol) and balancing life. I'm sure you all understand. It's just been crazy.

Now that my life has settled a for the time being, I finally have a bit of time to do some shopping. Now that fall is approaching - its time for a complete wardrobe change. Since I am trying to be focused on getting my financial life in order to buy a house within the next few years and maybe get married if the Mr. *cough* happens to propose ( believe me - I am not holding my breath on that one). So of course that means trying to do more reasonable shopping. I need to find more quality dual purpose clothing. Basically clothing that's transitional. I can wear it to work, to cocktail hour or a even to a night out with the girls. The cost of life is surpassing my budget (sadly shaking my head) so therefore I have to make some changes.
In order to accomplish this task, I decided to compile a list of 5 items every chick should have this fall. These are pieces that you can change up in order to achieve multiple looks.
1. Scarf - Scarves are a definite this season. They are so versatile yet stylish. You can wear them in many ways - you can tie it one knot and make it look like a masculine tie, you can tie it to the side to have a flirty yet professional look, you can use it as a wrap around a simple blouse or wrap it around your skirt or pants as a belt. Scarves are so fun because they come in so many colors, sizes, textures and fabrics. They are also fairly cheap so that you can buy tons of them.

2. Knit Wrap - I absolutely LOVE knit wraps. I love them for so many different reasons. First of all - EVERYONE looks good in a knit wrap - short, tall, pear shaped, apple shaped, hourglass, it doesn't matter. You can wear them as a dress, you can wear it with jeans, skirts, whatever you want. They are so versatile and just like scarves they come in so many colors and you can purchase them everywhere. It is an essential item for the professional women out there. Especially those who want to portray a stylish, yet classic look.

3. Shoe booties
4. Oversized Clutch Bag - I think that Clutch bags are so fun! You can mix and match them what many different pieces - you can carry them everywhere and the extra big ones can carry everything that you need - while still looking stylish. The best thing is you can get them from anywhere from Forever 21 to Coach to Old Navy to Prada. You can find a stylish one to fit every budget.

5. Sweater Dress - Now we all know Sweater Dresses are veterans to the fashion scene but yet they return year after year as a style favorite. A sweater dress is the ultimate piece you should have because they can be dressed up, down, anyway you like. You can wear them with tights, belts, scarves, leggings, anything and they will still look hot. Not to mention, they are so comfortable and sexy.



No comments: